Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2014/06/05 22:56:41 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Majority voting without prior discussion

Unfortunately, this thread dropped off my radar for awhile, due to the
ASF email hiccups and such, but I wanted to just quickly revisit and
close out the discussion.

>From this discussion, I think we don't really need to take any action
to formalize anything further (I'm not going to initiate a bylaw
change vote at this point). However, as a take-away, I do think it
would be a good idea to encourage more consensus gathering, especially
prior to majority votes, where vetoes don't exist. And, for that
reason, majority votes should be used with reservedly, after a good
faith effort to discuss.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii