Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ian Kendall <ia...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/08/02 07:27:49 UTC

Question re: footers

 How do I put a different footer on every page? Right now when I type information into the footer, it replicates it on every page.

 (No answer to this on any of your forums).

 Thanks,

 Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Question re: footers

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 02/08/17 5:27 PM, Ian Kendall wrote:
>   How do I put a different footer on every page? Right now when I type information into the footer, it replicates it on every page.

You can insert frames on every page at the place where you like page
specific information, but you have to do this for each page.

Re: Question re: footers

Posted by Richard Beeston <ar...@bigpond.com>.
Hi Ian

The way that I put in footnotes is go to Tools - then footnotes/endnotes
then put in the way you want the footnotes shown - either by roman numeerals
letters or ordinary numbering as shown in the drop down box under footnotes.
Then go to the line underneath and work out what alternativve youy want
whether it is counting per p-age or counting per chapter or counting per
document and then put mthe option of where you want the footer to go.
If you use the auto numbering and per document it will autpomatically number
the footnote when you click enter and then it opens a footnote box at the
bottom of the page if this is where you want it and then click enter.

I have done this on several thesis papers and have had no trouble . If I try
to put the footer in manually by number then you will get it every page
because it does not know where the numbers are meant to be.

Richard Beeston

it depends on what do you want to show into the footer. So please
describe in more details.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: Question re: footers