Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ian Black <ib...@pacemetrics.com> on 2004/03/22 17:59:33 UTC

Changelog report problem

Hi,

I'm trying to get the changelog (and related CVS reports) to run properly.

I've tried (successfully) to connect to CVS before generating the site
reports....on the command line.
I've tried placing the 'user' directly into the <connection> address (in the
project.xml file) like so...scm:cvs:pserver:user@blah
And I've tried placing the 'user' into the build.properties file and using
the property like so...scm:cvs:pserver:${maven.username}@blah

All to no avail. CVS reports are empty. Maven log file shows no scm errors.
The builds are successful each time and I have a pre-existing connection to
CVS each time too.

Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong or what else I could try?

Thanks again,

Ian.

---

RE: Changelog report problem

Posted by Ian Black <ib...@pacemetrics.com>.
Thanks Maarten. I think we're using a later version of CVS than that
alright. Might explain a lot. We're not keen on returning to an earlier
version though as it's too risky. Think I might try to upgrade Maven to rc1
and see if that works.

Which version of the CVS server are you running ? The changelog (and
related) plugins doesn't work properly for CVS versions > 1.11.12 .
I've created an issue in Jira for this some time ago, but it hasn't been
solved yet.

http://jira.codehaus.org/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MPCHANGELOG-31

regards,
Maarten

Ian Black wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to get the changelog (and related CVS reports) to run properly.
>
>I've tried (successfully) to connect to CVS before generating the site
>reports....on the command line.
>I've tried placing the 'user' directly into the <connection> address (in
the
>project.xml file) like so...scm:cvs:pserver:user@blah
>And I've tried placing the 'user' into the build.properties file and using
>the property like so...scm:cvs:pserver:${maven.username}@blah
>
>All to no avail. CVS reports are empty. Maven log file shows no scm errors.
>The builds are successful each time and I have a pre-existing connection to
>CVS each time too.
>
>Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong or what else I could try?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Ian.
>
>---

---