Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ed Curtis <e_...@homes2see.com> on 2008/06/05 20:19:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Address translation

I've seen several sites that contain numerals for urls (i.e.
www.cnn.com/23482/) and it points to a page. I have recently ran into a
situation where a client wants to use id numbers in a URL. What I would
like to do is have that point to a php script that takes that id and
builds a page from a database. I've seen something that uses an
.htaccess file and the RewriteEngine but I can't seem to get that to
work. Am I hitting the right way to do this or is there a different way?

Thanks,

Ed

Re: [users@httpd] Address translation

Posted by m <ww...@saepia.net>.
Ed Curtis pisze:
> I've seen several sites that contain numerals for urls (i.e.
> www.cnn.com/23482/) and it points to a page. I have recently ran into
> a situation where a client wants to use id numbers in a URL. What I
> would like to do is have that point to a php script that takes that id
> and builds a page from a database. I've seen something that uses an
> .htaccess file and the RewriteEngine but I can't seem to get that to
> work. Am I hitting the right way to do this or is there a different way?

Rewrite module is good way to achieve this.

There're plenty of tutorials in the web, ask google.

m.