Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/23 08:15:26 UTC

Is it possible to uninstall service ?

I didn't find way to uninstall service through ambari UI, wondering is it
possible ?

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: Is it possible to uninstall service ?

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
It is manual.

Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/qtex0l>

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 5:12 PM -0800, "Jeff Zhang" <zj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Jaimin,

I found the rest api didn't remove the files of the component. I guess it just delete the metadata in db, is there any way to delete the files of the component ? Or I have to do it manually ?

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Thanks Jaimin

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

Ambari UI does not provide a way to delete a service as of now.

Although deleting a service is possible via REST API

Example:

curl --user admin:admin -i  -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://`hostname -f`:8080/api/v1/clusters/c1/services/${SERVICENAME}

Replace ${SERVICENAME} with the actual service name desired to be deleted. Successful execution of this API will result in Ambari no more managing or monitoring that service any further.

Note: Ambari does not uninstall service packages from cluster when a service is deleted.

-- Thanks

    Jaimin

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jaimin,