Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@hursley.ibm.com> on 2003/01/22 18:04:58 UTC

[WSIF/VOTE] Proposed restructure to java/lib

Guys, we voted on IRC a while ago to restructure java/lib so the jars were
in java/lib insteadm of subdirs of java/lib. This is what I propose:

* move all jars from java/lib/** to java/lib and ensure version number is
included in jar name. This is helpful to the user, who is entitled to rename
them of course if their classpath gets too long

* create a single README.html in java/lib which describes each jar, what
uses it, what the license is, where it can be downloaded from and a pointer
to an appropriate appendix which describes the license for the jar

* change classpath.bat and classpath.sh to cope with the new structure.

I think that covers it.

We've already voted to change the structure. So please vote to agree the
details above.

Thx,
Jeremy