Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Bertty Contreras <be...@scalytics.io> on 2021/11/26 18:43:20 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Wayang 0.6.0 RC8

Hello Folks,

Apache Wayang 0.6.0 has been staged under [1] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release. All Maven artifacts are available under [2].
Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Release tag: wayang-0.6.0 [3]
Hash for the release tag: 2af20c783bbd594f5065e08382346266f64f77ae [4]

Per [5] "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated)
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/wayang/0.6.0/rc8
[2] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewayang-1009
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang/releases/tag/wayang-0.6.0
[4]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang/commit/2af20c783bbd594f5065e08382346266f64f77ae
[5] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Re: [VOTE] Apache Wayang 0.6.0 RC8

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:
- signatures/hash look good
- NOTICE, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE look good
- ASF headers are fine
- Compile is OK

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (binding)

Chris

(Please carry over to incubator list vote)

Built on Windows 10 with OpenJDK 11.0.13

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email.
[MINOR] Verify the signature is correct.
- Couldn't verify trust chain
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
[OK] Unzip the archive.
[OK] Verify the existence of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
- Not using WIP Disclaimer applying full set of rules
- Code in wayang-utils-profile-db correctly mentioned in NOTICE and contains correct header (However as the entire module seems to be a clone of https://github.com/sekruse/profiledb-java, not sure why the project doesn't simply use
<dependency>
  <groupId>de.hpi.isg</groupId>
  <artifactId>profiledb</artifactId>
  <version>0.1.1</version>
  <type>pom</type>
</dependency>
Instead.
[OK] [RM] Verify the staged source README, RELEASE_NOTE files correspond to those in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] [RM] Run RAT externally to ensure there are no surprises.
[OK] Search for SNAPSHOT references: Only found some in the dummy website copy in the integration-tests
[OK] Search for Copyright references, and if they are in headers, make sure these files containing them are mentioned in the LICENSE file.
[OK] Build the project according to the information in the README.md file.
- Just did a simple "mvn install"

Posted by Rodrigo Pardo Meza <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked: