Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2014/08/08 21:17:17 UTC

Re: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Home

That would be great.
Would anyone on the PMC object to us having a go at this?

Does anyone have any strongly held beliefs about this section that they
want to convey before we start?

Ron

On 08/08/2014 11:21 AM, Sharan-F wrote:
> Hi Ron
>
> I'm not PMC but I'm interested in tidy up the OFBiz documentation
> workspaces. I've checked and I do have edit access to the OFBTECH workspace.
>
> Unless anyone else wants to step in - then I'm happy to work with you on it.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com
skype: ronaldmwheeler
phone: 866-970-2435, ext 102

Re: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Home

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 10/08/2014 05:54, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
> On 09/08/2014 6:12 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> That's great,
>>
>> Obviously you have both (Sharan an Ron) good writing skills and practice, so we can expect a better documentation :)
> It is a volunteer job that has to have an appropriate priority.
> It will take a lot of participation from the developers to let us know what is accurate and where the documentation needs attention.
> I can fix typos, grammar errors and convoluted phrasing but I can not make up stuff.
>
> There may also have to be new stuff written by the people who wrote the code.
>

>> I can help also, though being quite busy at the moment, I will certainly only lurk and jump in if necessary
>>
>> I have just a request: please keep the exchanges about documentation only in the user ML. Then everybody will follow and not need to duplicate in
>> dev ML
>
> NP. I just wanted to make sure that the development team is on-side with this.

I'm sure that all committers are also following the user ML

Jacques

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Sounds good
I guess that we can use Skype and share screens.
If more want to join, we will switch to a collaboration tool.

Ron

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Both days are ok for me.
I am also on Skype and can arrange a meeting with Saba Meeting if we
want to share screens.

Anyone else want to join us?

Ron

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Yes.
If anyone wants to join this meeting, please indicate your timezone so
that we can schedule a time.
I am in Montreal which is Easter daylight Time (EST) at the moment.

Ron

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
That's great,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 10/08/2014 17:36, Ron Wheeler a écrit :
> In my view, getting rid of stuff that is not going to be maintained would be a big help to new users.
> It might also encourage others to participate in maintaining the docs.

It's hard to decide in advance if a stuff will or will not be maintained. On the other hand there are plenty of stuff witch are deprecated, wrong,
void (some place holder pages which has never been completed, easy to guess with creation dates), etc.

So before taking hard decisions we should before take easy actions by removing such dust. Like you would 1st remove big files when looking for place
on a disk...

Jacques

Re: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Home

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.