Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com> on 2009/01/22 20:25:37 UTC

Draft Announcement for M4

I've mined the features section from the JIRA release notes, but stuff
not in JIRA may have been overlooked, so please review and comment.

--Rafael

RE: Draft Announcement for M4

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ge...@dcs.gla.ac.uk>.
QPID-957 and QPID-1334 are the same thing, the JMX CLI.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Rafi

There is also a twitter feed for apache and I believe release announcements
are allowed to be sent via the feed.
So it might be worthwhile if we investigate how we could publish an
abbreviated release announcement via twitter.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>wrote:

> looks good, maybe also link the home page as it goes out on apache announce
> also, so
> people who want to see what are about have a link to the home page
>
> Carl.
>

> Rafael Schloming wrote:
>
>> Here's another draft with the prettier wiki feature list in place of the
>>  JIRA one.
>>
>> --Rafael
>>
>> Gordon Sim wrote:

>>> I believe there is still some work outstanding on the solaris port.

>>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
>>> Use/Interact: mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org
>>>
>>>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: Draft Announcement for M4

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <ra...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Here are some more items that can be sorted in from the wiki

    * .NET, WCF and excel support for AMQP 0-10
    * SSL added for C++ broker and all clients
    * Windows port for C++ client & broker
    * Solaris port for C++ client & broker
    * C++ Broker
          o ACL
          o Active-Active clustering
          o Federation, push bridges & dynamic routes
          o RDMA for C++ broker & C++ client (70-80us, yes us max
            latency on a well setup machines)
          o support for message TTL
          o Queue options
                + added RING/ STRICT ring
                + LVQ
          o Exchange options
                + LVE
                + message sequencing
          o XQuery based XML Exchange now as plugin
    * Performance work
    * Management for AMQP 0-10
          o QMF C updates
                + Python