Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "deepak.gupta@spglobal.com" <de...@spglobal.com> on 2020/11/06 07:17:08 UTC

Issue in automate deployment of Flow from one registry bucket to another using Nipy API for flow having Parameter Context

HI Team,

We are facing the below mentioned issue while deploying the Nifi flow from one Nifi Registry bucket to another bucket using Nipy API, if flow contains any parameter context. However, it is working fine if flow doesn't contain any parameter context.

Issue is while calling nipyapi.versioning.deploy_flow_version API with following error message

    raise ApiException(http_resp=r)

nipyapi.nifi.rest.ApiException: (500)

Reason: Internal Server Error

HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Date': 'Tue, 20 Oct 2020 07:55:30 GMT', 'X-Frame-Options': 'SAMEORIGIN', 'Content-Security-Policy': "frame-ancestors 'self'", 'X-XSS-Protection': '1; mode=block', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=31540000', 'Content-Type': 'text/plain', 'Vary': 'Accept-Encoding', 'Content-Length': '79', 'Server': 'Jetty(9.4.19.v20190610)'})

HTTP response body: An unexpected error has occurred. Please check the logs for additional details.

There is no error/exception in any other additional logs.

It seems that there is some issue in exporting and importing the flow from source bucket to destination bucket using Nipy API. As after importing the flow in destination bucket, it is also giving error while importing it at destination Nifi instance using Nifi UI from destination bucket.

And it is working fine while importing the flow through destination Nifi UI from source bucket. But we are not getting any error in nipyapi.versioning.export_flow_version and nipyapi.versioning.import_flow_version API calls

Could you please look into it and suggest if it is not possible through Nipy API if flow contains any parameter context. Or is there any other way to do it.

I have attached the source code for the reference.

We are using following  versions:

Docker Nifi - 1.11.4

Docker Nifi Registry - nifi-registry-0.7.0

Nipy API - 0.14.3

Regards,

Deepak Gupta

________________________________

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, and may be a confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. S&P Global Inc. reserves the right, subject to applicable local law, to monitor, review and process the content of any electronic message or information sent to or from S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses without informing the sender or recipient of the message. By sending electronic message or information to S&P Global Inc. e-mail addresses you, as the sender, are consenting to S&P Global Inc. processing any of your personal data therein.

Re: Issue in automate deployment of Flow from one registry bucket to another using Nipy API for flow having Parameter Context

Posted by Daniel Chaffelson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,
I'll help take a look, can you please bump NiFi logging up to Debug and
reproduce the error, then post the information as an Issue on the NiPy repo
for me?
https://github.com/Chaffelson/nipyapi/issues
I have only recently started looking at Parameter Contexts in the NiPy
wrapper functionality, and it is not yet tested with Registry functions, so
this is a new error to me.
If I get time this weekend I'll make a start on it, but it may have to wait
until Monday (Pandemic Childcare).