Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Jacques Pavlenyi <jp...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/04/04 04:40:59 UTC

Re: Introduction

Hello Apache community:

I would like to piggy-back on Eric's introduction as well. I am a
worldwide Marketing Manager for IBM Collaboration Solutions, with primary
responsibility for our Lotus Notes, Lotus Domino, and Office Productivity
Solutions, including Lotus Symphony. I am based in sunny San Diego :-)

I and my colleague Jyoti Bagaria, also a marketing manager based in
Bangalore India, are also looking at ways to support the marketing efforts
for Apache OpenOffice. Although I could not join the kickoff call today
that Eric Otchet hosted, I will be attending future calls where possible,
and collaborating with you all through the Wiki and whatever other tools
we decide will help us successfully market Apache OpenOffice.

Looking forward to our future discussions.

Regards,

Jacques Pavlenyi
Market Segment Manager
IBM Collaboration Solutions

Phone: 1-720-663-2067
E-mail: jpavlenyi@us.ibm.com
Social Business Insights Blog: ibm.co/wKv1lJ
Chat: jpavlenyi@us.ibm.com
Find me on:     and within IBM on:
"“Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.”" - Howard Aiken

4660 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122-4601
United States

From:   Eric Otchet/Cranford/IBM@IBMUS
To:     ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org,
Date:   03/22/2012 06:37 AM
Subject:        Introduction

Hi,

My name is Eric Otchet and I am the product manager for IBM Lotus
Symphony. I've been managing the Symphony activities within IBM since 2007
and also manage our Lotus Smartsuite product. I've been at IBM for 23
years and over that time I've had technical, sales and product management
roles.

I've been working behind the scenes with the developers from IBM working
on the project and with the upcoming release of Apache OpenOffice 3.4
coming ... I thought it was time to step out of the shadows and help with
the marketing efforts.

I have access to some IBM tools that we can use to help us manage the
activities around the release.

I'll send another email with [propose] in the subject line with some
additional information.

I look forward to working with the community and helping to rejuvenate the
marketing efforts in the community.

Regards,
Eric
Eric Otchet
Product Manager - Symphony |  Eotchet@us.ibm.com
IBM Corporation | IBM Collaboration Solutions
+1 732.424.7229 (phone) | +1 732.312.8403 (mobile) | 404-7229 (tie-line)

Lotus Symphony