Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/03/17 20:33:42 UTC

best maven2 eclipse integration?

I am using the the m2 eclipse plugin and while it works (and I appreciate it very much), I just can't stand the several minute long build cycles and looking for something that will speed up my development.

Can anyone recommend something for me besides the http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/ ?

Thanks!

Re: best maven2 eclipse integration?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I am using the the m2 eclipse plugin and while it works (and I appreciate it very much), I just can't stand the several minute long build cycles and looking for something that will speed up my development.
>
> Can anyone recommend something for me besides the http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/ ?

Phillip,

I wouldn't recommend anything else, sorry.

When are you triggering the build cycle and which part is taking so
long? Are you running on an old machine? Perhaps you should try running
offline. Generally speaking I don't see the plugin launching any more
than about a build a day, generally when I launch eclipse or do a
'project clean'.

Adam