Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Thorsten Kamann <th...@planetes.de> on 2003/10/07 12:43:53 UTC

Tomcat-Deployer and the Deploy-Task is broken?

Hello,

I'm testing the Tomcat-Deployer (Version 5.0.12 and 5.0.13). Both
returns an error when i want to deploy the generated war file.

The error is:
The <deploy> task doesn't support the "update" attribute.

Is the Deployer ever tested?

Whats the error?

Best regards
Thorsten Kamann

--
Thorsten Kamann
Email: thorsten.kamann@planetes.de

Re: Tomcat-Deployer and the Deploy-Task is broken?

Posted by Thorsten Kamann <th...@planetes.de>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> The "compile" target of the build.xml also does validation of the said
> web.xml.
Yes thats right. But your deployer-script doesn't create a jar with the
compiled classes and doesn't remove the unnecessary jsps.

>> Finally a WAR-Archive without the JSPs will generated and deployed to
>> the remote (or Production) server.
>

> There's the "deploy" target.
Yes, thats right, too.

> This seems to be already present.
I'm missing some properties:
- how can i set the compile-parameters (optimize, deprecated, debug)
without changing the build.xml

- where can i set the javaEncoding property (e.g. for German Umlaute)

This were the reasons why i extend/change the build.xml.

Thorsten

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Kamann wrote:
> Hello Remy,
>
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>> Thorsten Kamann wrote:
>> It (obviously) works for me.
>

> Yes, that was my error. I've used an ant installation with an old
> catalina-ant. Then the error occured.

Ah, ok.

> Now its wonderful :)
>
> I've extended the build.xml out of the Tomcat-Deployer-project. Now the
> build.xml can precompile JSPs with generating the mappings in the
> web.xml, compile all sources and generate a JAR-Archiv.

The "compile" target of the build.xml also does validation of the said
web.xml.

> Finally a WAR-Archive without the JSPs will generated and deployed to
> the remote (or Production) server.

There's the "deploy" target.

> Is this interessting for the Tomcat-Deployer-Project?

This seems to be already present.

Remy

Re: Tomcat-Deployer and the Deploy-Task is broken?

Posted by Thorsten Kamann <th...@planetes.de>.
Hello Remy,

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Kamann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing the Tomcat-Deployer (Version 5.0.12 and 5.0.13). Both
> returns an error when i want to deploy the generated war file.
>
> The error is:
> The <deploy> task doesn't support the "update" attribute.
>
> Is the Deployer ever tested?

Yes.

> Whats the error?

It (obviously) works for me.