Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/02/05 20:26:57 UTC

LICENSE & NOTICE at project root ?

Hello

I've got a strange behavior of Eclipse when using maven to configure my
environment. The .classpath includes the project root as a source folder to
match the commons-parent-7.pom <resource>.

This has the side effect that the "new class" wizard appends "src.main.java."
to the extended class in imports. Not blocking, but not very nice.

Did I miss something in my conf ?
Do you all use Idea ?
Why not put those required files in src/main/resources/META-INF as the
natural place for them ?

Nico.

Re: LICENSE & NOTICE at project root ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
Tried to reproduce the issue and don't get it anymore ....

Sorry for the noise.

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 5, 2008 7:26 PM, nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've got a strange behavior of Eclipse when using maven to configure my
> environment. The .classpath includes the project root as a source folder to
> match the commons-parent-7.pom <resource>.
>
> This has the side effect that the "new class" wizard appends "src.main.java."
> to the extended class in imports. Not blocking, but not very nice.
>
> Did I miss something in my conf ?
> Do you all use Idea ?
> Why not put those required files in src/main/resources/META-INF as the
> natural place for them ?

Only natural in the m2 world, which most of commons pre-dates. Plus we
need/want them in the root for the source and binary distros. Commons
parent <resource> means you don't have to define them and also theres
a hack to copy them from there to make sure they're included in the
-javadoc.jar - so IMO better for monitor to move them there.

Niall