Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by JJ siung <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/12 02:04:20 UTC

Hadoop EC2 setup

Hi,

I am following a setup guide here: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/AmazonEC2 but
runs into problems when I tried to launch a cluster.
An error message said
 "hadoop-0.21.0/common/src/contrib/ec2/bin/launch-hadoop-master: line 40:
ec2-describe-instances: command not found"
I am not even sure if I edited the hadoop-ec2-env.sh correctly. Is there any
newer tutorial for setting this up?

Thanks!

Re: Hadoop EC2 setup

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.
Do you have the amazon tools installed and in the appropriate path?

James

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.

Re: Hadoop EC2 setup

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Please make sure that the AWS EC2 command line tools are installed and the
environment variables EC2_HOME, EC2_CERT, EC2_PRIVATE_KEY and PATH are set.

Thanks and Regards,
Sonal
<https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>Hadoop ETL and Data
Integration<https://github.com/sonalgoyal/hiho>