Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@digitalrum.com> on 2001/02/01 12:29:04 UTC

propery value - can it contain a string that is XML itself?

Hi,

<property name="Fred" value="<b>Wilma</b>" />

barfs the ant environment. How do I get cml data into a value?  CDATA does
not work inside the value tag for the same reason "<" is not allowed.

TIA, PH

Re: propery value - can it contain a string that is XML itself?

Posted by Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> <property name="Fred" value="<b>Wilma</b>" />

Use the entities instead:
  <property name="Fred" value="&lt;b&gt;Wilma&lt;/b&gt;" />

FYI, &quot; can be use for situations where you need to specify quotes.

> barfs the ant environment. How do I get cml data into a value?  CDATA does
> not work inside the value tag for the same reason "<" is not allowed.
>
> TIA, PH

-Bill Burton

Re: propery value - can it contain a string that is XML itself?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant <Pa...@digitalrum.com> wrote:

> How do I get cml data into a value?  CDATA does not work inside the
> value tag for the same reason "<" is not allowed.

&lt; and &gt; ?

Stefan