Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2013/11/26 23:22:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Helix as TLP Resolution

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> So we now have
> +1 (IPMC binding): Patrick Hunt, Olivier Lamy, Suresh Marru
>
> That's 3 +1 but I have no idea if we reach the quorum for graduation vote.
> Let me know.

There's no official quorum for IPMC graduation votes as far as I know.
Personally, I'm satisfied that two out of the four Helix Mentors have voted in
favor of graduation.  You know much more about what is going on with the
podling than the rest of the IPMC.

In any case, an Incubator PMC VOTE on graduation only serves as a
recommendation to the Board; it is the Board voting to approve a resolution
which actually establishes the project.  They can theoretically disregard the
IPMC's recommendation; it is hard to imagine circumstances where the Board
would oppose the spirit of the recommendation, but they occasionally tinker
with the resolution text (which we frequently mess up).

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Helix as TLP Resolution

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
So no comments (neither complains :-) ).
I believe I can the resolution for next board meeting.

On 27 November 2013 09:22, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> So we now have
>> +1 (IPMC binding): Patrick Hunt, Olivier Lamy, Suresh Marru
>>
>> That's 3 +1 but I have no idea if we reach the quorum for graduation vote.
>> Let me know.
>
> There's no official quorum for IPMC graduation votes as far as I know.
> Personally, I'm satisfied that two out of the four Helix Mentors have voted in
> favor of graduation.  You know much more about what is going on with the
> podling than the rest of the IPMC.
>
> In any case, an Incubator PMC VOTE on graduation only serves as a
> recommendation to the Board; it is the Board voting to approve a resolution
> which actually establishes the project.  They can theoretically disregard the
> IPMC's recommendation; it is hard to imagine circumstances where the Board
> would oppose the spirit of the recommendation, but they occasionally tinker
> with the resolution text (which we frequently mess up).
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au