Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Alexander Semeshchenko <as...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/07 21:03:29 UTC

NoResourceAvailableException

<https://stackoverflow.com/posts/64252040/timeline>

Installing (download & tar zxf) Apache Flink 1.11.1 and running: ./bin/flink
run examples/streaming/WordCount.jar it show on the nice message after more
less 5 min. the trying of submitting:  Caused by:
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.scheduler.NoResourceAvailableException:
Could not allocate the required slot within slot request timeout. Please
make sure that the cluster has enough resources. at
org.apache.flink.runtime.scheduler.DefaultScheduler.maybeWrapWithNoResourceAvailableException(DefaultScheduler.java:441)
... 45 more Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException at
java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:292)
at
java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:308)
at
java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniApply(CompletableFuture.java:607)
at
java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniApply.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:591)

It's Flink default configuration.

Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little
Endian CPU(s): 8 On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per
socket: 1
free -g total used free shared buff/cache available

Mem: 62 1 23 3 37 57 Swap: 7 0 7

are there some advices about what is happened?

Re: NoResourceAvailableException

Posted by Khachatryan Roman <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for sharing,

I see a lot of exceptions in the logs, particularly
*Caused by: java.net.BindException: Could not start actor system on any
port in port range 6123

which means that there's probably more than one instance running and is
likely the root cause.
So it makes sense to make sure that the previous attempts cleaned up.

Regards,
Roman

Posted by Khachatryan Roman <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,