Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by je...@optonline.net on 2004/02/03 02:08:51 UTC

Date Comparisons

To start off, thank you who can help.  I have looked through examples, docs, etc.  The forum "almost" helped.

The end problem is that I am doing a addLessThan on a datetime db field using the PB and it is failing likely because of a type casting problem.

I am using Timestamp in my java code.

Using this for my mapping into a DATETIME field in MySql.

    <field-descriptor
        name="offerEnds"
        column="offerends"
        jdbc-type="TIMESTAMP"
    />

Data gets inserted correctly into MySQL or seems to, but when I do

crit.addLessThan("offerends", new Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis());

When I print out the query, I get:

Query from class com.model.offer.OfferVO where [offerprice
> 0.0, isdisabled = false, offerends < 2004-01-31 21:59:07.89, offeredProducts.productid = 1000]

It is the time aspect on this which is failing.

The row should return back data, but is failing to do so.

Thank you again for your help.

John