Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Henrique VIECILI <vi...@softplan.com.br> on 2004/09/27 15:56:34 UTC

Howto convert .doc to .rtf using poi

Hi,

This is my first message to the list and I am planning to use POI to handle some Word documents.

My doubt is if it´s possible, using POI, to open an .doc file - maybe alter it - and save it as an rtf document?

Thanks,
Henrique Viecili

Re: Howto convert .doc to .rtf using poi

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
At 11:56 PM 27/09/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This is my first message to the list and I am planning to use POI to
>handle some Word documents.
>
>My doubt is if it´s possible, using POI, to open an .doc file - maybe
>alter it - and save it as an rtf document?

You can use POI to read/write a document but there is not code for
converting to RTF.  Be aware that the code is alpha at the moment, includes
little documentation and lacks a regular maintainer.  If you're going this
route be prepared to get your hands a little dirty.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au