Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Edd Grant <ed...@eddgrant.com> on 2014/02/20 18:18:27 UTC

vagrant-roller now updated for Roller 5

Hey folks,

Last year I put together a little GitHub project called
vagrant-roller<https://github.com/eddgrant/vagrant-roller>which
provisioned a Roller<http://roller.apache.org/>VM with very little
effort. The idea being to make it easy for people to
test-run Roller without going through the steps of setting up an
environment.

The initial version of the project provisioned a Roller v4 VM but there
were a couple of issues getting the latest version of Roller (v5) to work.

I have had a bit of spare time recently and managed to get everything
working (thanks to some help from people on this list!) so you can now
provision either v4 or v5 as you prefer.

Just thought I'd mention it here in case it was of interest to anyone. Any
questions etc welcome either on the vagrant-roller
project<https://github.com/eddgrant/vagrant-roller>itself or as
comments on my blog
entry about it<http://www.eddgrant.com/blog/roller-ui/authoring/preview/EdD/?previewEntry=vagrant_roller_now_updated_for>
.

Cheers,

Edd

--
Web: http://www.eddgrant.com
Email: edd@eddgrant.com

Re: vagrant-roller now updated for Roller 5

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.
On 21/02/14 06:18, Edd Grant wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Last year I put together a little GitHub project called
> vagrant-roller<https://github.com/eddgrant/vagrant-roller>which
> provisioned a Roller<http://roller.apache.org/>VM with very little
> effort.

Great idea – thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz

Re: vagrant-roller now updated for Roller 5

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edd, that was the preview URL only you can see, the public blog URL
is:
http://www.eddgrant.com/blog/EdD/entry/vagrant_roller_now_updated_for .
(Also, don't forget, to help googlers, best to choose your desired URL
for a blog entry in the blog's title field, hit "save", then choose the
actual blog title you want before publishing, as mentioned in the first
paragraph under #5 here:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/apache_roller_blogging#rol5).

BTW, just added your blog to the Roller Users page
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/WhoUsesRoller),
thanks for using Roller.

Regards,
Glen