Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/13 08:56:52 UTC

Default value for collapse

Hi all,
Is it only me or all of you hitting CTRL+ MINUS (-) after loading a script
file into JMeter?

I almost never really want to expand the entire script, as it gets really
ugly and unuseful.
I know that I can change this behavior with a property on:
#onload.expandtree=true
But I think it should be the other way, by default, or at least this value
should be set on the default configuration file to false.
Any objections?

Shmuel Krakower.

Re: Default value for collapse

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
This is very reachable utopia :-)

Regarding focus although, today some added components require focus:

   - ThreadGroupGui in Thread field at init of JMeter

So opening a Test plan that contains Thread Group will focus on the "Number
of threads (users)" field.

So implementing this new behaviour can disturb some users (not me :-) )

But I also vote for what Oliver proposed.

Regards

Philippe M.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Robin D. Wilson <rw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with this!
>
> --
> Robin D. Wilson
>

> On Mar 13, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Oliver Lloyd <ol...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Actually, I also find myself pressing CMD minus every time I open a
> testplan.
> >
> > In an ideal world, the testplan would open with the tree expanded to the
> > testplan level and no further.
> >
> > In JMeter utopia, the focus would also default to the root of the tree so
> > when I hit the arrow keys they let me traverse without having to mouse
> click
> > their first.
> >
> > -----
> > http://www.http503.com/
> > --

Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Default value for collapse

Posted by "Robin D. Wilson" <rw...@gmail.com>.
I agree with this!

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yep I totaly agree on that but I guess this will require some development
to achieve.

Shmuel.

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
On the contrary I feel like even the simplest script with few http samplers
and some http headers config elements and some validations makes the script
look ugly and overloaded.

While having only the main Thread Group(s) open is usually the best
starting point for me.
Don't you agree?

Shmuel Krakower.