Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Carletto <ca...@yahoo.it> on 2004/02/26 16:37:24 UTC

Mixing Apache and normal tests

Hi all,
anyone has experience (or tips) about the following problem ?

Problem:
    I have a package that covers a wide project, some classes, some scripts,
some binaries,
    and finally some Apache modules (mod_perl 2.0 with Apache-2.0.48).
    When executing the tests (some for classes, some for scripts, ...) with
a classic "make test"
    the problem rise: the Makefile use Test::Harness XOR Apache::Test ?

TIA,
Carletto.

Re: Mixing Apache and normal tests

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Carletto wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>anyone has experience (or tips) about the following problem ?
>>
>>Problem:
>>    I have a package that covers a wide project, some classes, some scripts,
>>some binaries,
>>    and finally some Apache modules (mod_perl 2.0 with Apache-2.0.48).
>>    When executing the tests (some for classes, some for scripts, ...) with
>>a classic "make test"
>>    the problem rise: the Makefile use Test::Harness XOR Apache::Test ?
>

> Apache-Test can run apache-based tests or normal perl-only tests, so if
> Apache-Test is available you can just let it run everything.
>
> see
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dwheeler/MasonX-Interp-WithCallbacks-1.11/
>
> for an example of a module that has both apache and non-apache tests - it
> will skip the apache tests if Apache-Test is not present, but otherwise it
> runs them all.

Sounds like something that needs to be added to testing.pod, as this questions
gets asked more than once.

Re: Mixing Apache and normal tests

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Carletto wrote:
> Hi all,
> anyone has experience (or tips) about the following problem ?
>
> Problem:
>     I have a package that covers a wide project, some classes, some scripts,
> some binaries,
>     and finally some Apache modules (mod_perl 2.0 with Apache-2.0.48).
>     When executing the tests (some for classes, some for scripts, ...) with
> a classic "make test"
>     the problem rise: the Makefile use Test::Harness XOR Apache::Test ?

Apache-Test can run apache-based tests or normal perl-only tests, so if
Apache-Test is available you can just let it run everything.

see

http://search.cpan.org/~dwheeler/MasonX-Interp-WithCallbacks-1.11/

for an example of a module that has both apache and non-apache tests - it
will skip the apache tests if Apache-Test is not present, but otherwise it
runs them all.

HTH

--Geoff