Posted to lokahi-dev@incubator.apache.org by Ludovic Maitre <lu...@free.fr> on 2006/09/21 11:38:47 UTC

Is there a JIRA ? i have some bugfixes and patches to report

Hi all,

There is a link to the JIRA on the website of lokahi (
http://incubator.apache.org/lokahi/ ), but when i click it, it say the
project doen't exist. I have checked the list of the registered projects
and i didn't see lokahi mentionned in the incubator section. If the JIRA
exist and only the link is wrong could you advertise it on this ML? (and
correct the website when you have time) If the JIRA doesn't exist, could
you create it? In my previous mails i was speaking about the MySQL
support, but there is also other bugs - at least in the code i retrieve
from trunk
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/lokahi/trunk/) - that
i would like to report/document/submit fixes.

For instance it seems that the apache license has been put on top of the
<?xml...> declaration in  most of the XML files, and so we are unusables
without moving the xml declaration at the top of the files.

Also the install target doesn't use the overwrite="true" attribute in
the copy task and so files are never updated on the server when you call
it (but perhaps this is intentional?)

I would like also to submit patches for features, like the use of a new
property in lokahi.properties which hold the name of the masterBroker
class to instantiate (i.e.
lokahi.broker.implementation=org.apache.lokahi.core.common.database.MySqlBroker)
in the CachingBroker.

I will now try to move every db particularism coded in beans to the
brokers. I was thinking to introduce a new method in the Brokers which
would have a signature like this :
public Map<T> getMap(Class<T> clazz, boolean cache, String statement,
Object... params) throws SQLException {
in order to hide the use of cursors in the OracleBroker and to manage
things in a different way for MySQL or other dbs. This method could be
used internally by methods like Hashtable
org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.AdminBean.getAllAdminInfo() { i hope.

So i will appreciate any criticizm, ideas, ... on this, and also to have
a JIRA to submit patches and discuss them.

Best regards and thanks in advance,

--
Cordialement,
Ludo - http://www.ubik-products.com

Re: Is there a JIRA ? i have some bugfixes and patches to report

Posted by Ludovic Maitre <lu...@free.fr>.
Hi again Steve,

Thanks for your time! I've added some comments in-line,

Steve Toback wrote:

>> For instance it seems that the apache license has been put on top of the
>> <?xml...> declaration in  most of the XML files, and so we are unusables
>> without moving the xml declaration at the top of the files.
> Thanks, will make a quick fix.

There is also the wsdd file,
>> Also the install target doesn't use the overwrite="true" attribute in
>> the copy task and so files are never updated on the server when you call
>> it (but perhaps this is intentional?)
>>
> Nope, that's a bug.
Oh yes, and all the copy tasks exhibit the problem. Usually i introduce
a clean target which erase the build folder in my build files to avoid
adding the overwrite="true" attribute every where. I've added it
locally, perhaps it could be good to have it in the trunk?

>> I would like also to submit patches for features, like the use of a new
>> property in lokahi.properties which hold the name of the masterBroker
>> class to instantiate (i.e.
>> lokahi.broker.implementation=org.apache.lokahi.core.common.database.MySqlBroker)
>>
>> in the CachingBroker.
>
> Definately needed, thanks.
A preliminary implementation is in my local SVN (
http://projects.ubik-products.com/repository/lokahi/trunk/lokahi/ ) and
as soon as i will have produced clean patches against trunk i will store
them in my bugzilla (
http://projects.ubik-products.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Lokahi ),
until we have a  JIRA.
>> I will now try to move every db particularism coded in beans to the
>> brokers. I was thinking to introduce a new method in the Brokers which
>> would have a signature like this :
>> public Map<T> getMap(Class<T> clazz, boolean cache, String statement,
>> Object... params) throws SQLException {
>> in order to hide the use of cursors in the OracleBroker and to manage
>> things in a different way for MySQL or other dbs. This method could be
>> used internally by methods like Hashtable
>> org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.AdminBean.getAllAdminInfo() { i hope.
>
> Honestly I'd rather scrap that class and go with a completed:
> org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.ControllerThread and
> org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.ControllerJobFactory

Well, i will let you implement this, i will do the minimum in this class
for Lokahi to work with mysql, without adding anything to the broker
interface.
> I'm pretty sure the AdminBean is the only class that has anything
> oracle specific in it.

Great! This will be less work!
Thanks for your guidance and best regards,

Posted by Steve Toback <to...@apache.org>.
On 9/21/06, Ludovic Maitre <lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a link to the JIRA on the website of lokahi (
> http://incubator.apache.org/lokahi/ ), but when i click it, it say the
> project doen't exist. I have checked the list of the registered projects
> and i didn't see lokahi mentionned in the incubator section. If the JIRA
> exist and only the link is wrong could you advertise it on this ML? (and
> correct the website when you have time) If the JIRA doesn't exist, could
> you create it? In my previous mails i was speaking about the MySQL
> support, but there is also other bugs - at least in the code i retrieve
> from trunk
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lokahi/lokahi/trunk/) - that
> i would like to report/document/submit fixes.

I'm pretty sure we're waiting for it to be created still.

> For instance it seems that the apache license has been put on top of the
> <?xml...> declaration in  most of the XML files, and so we are unusables
> without moving the xml declaration at the top of the files.

Thanks, will make a quick fix.

> Also the install target doesn't use the overwrite="true" attribute in
> the copy task and so files are never updated on the server when you call
> it (but perhaps this is intentional?)

Nope, that's a bug.

> I would like also to submit patches for features, like the use of a new
> property in lokahi.properties which hold the name of the masterBroker
> class to instantiate (i.e.
> lokahi.broker.implementation=org.apache.lokahi.core.common.database.MySqlBroker)
> in the CachingBroker.

Definately needed, thanks.

> I will now try to move every db particularism coded in beans to the
> brokers. I was thinking to introduce a new method in the Brokers which
> would have a signature like this :
> public Map<T> getMap(Class<T> clazz, boolean cache, String statement,
> Object... params) throws SQLException {
> in order to hide the use of cursors in the OracleBroker and to manage
> things in a different way for MySQL or other dbs. This method could be
> used internally by methods like Hashtable
> org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.AdminBean.getAllAdminInfo() { i hope.

Honestly I'd rather scrap that class and go with a completed:
org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.ControllerThread and
org.apache.lokahi.core.controller.ControllerJobFactory

I'm pretty sure the AdminBean is the only class that has anything
oracle specific in it.

Steve