Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/09/19 18:49:43 UTC

Candidate 1.4 distributions redux

Hi all,

There will be a new set of candidate distributions posted as soon as I can
do the builds and upload them.  The new distributions will contain a few
bug fixes, a fix for a glitch with an erroneous file in one of the Windows
projects, and a fix for a glitch with the readme.html file.

I will send another message when everything is available, which should be
latter tonight my time (CA, USA), or sometime tomorrow.

Dave

RE: Candidate 1.4 distributions redux

Posted by Don McClimans <dm...@IntiElectronics.com>.
If it's not too late, there are some minor problems with readme files.

1) The file xml-xalan/c/readme.html redirects to c/docs/overview.html. This
produces xml-xalan/c/c/docs/overview.html, which is incorrect (note the two
"c" directories), and gives a 404 error.

2) The file xml-xalan/c/docs/readme.html correctly says at the top, in the
Changes section, that Xerces is no longer included in Xalan distributions.
But lower in the file, in the "Version of Xerces-c++ to use" section, it
incorrectly says that Each xalan 1.4 download includes the xerces-c++
distribution.

Then further down in the section "What you need from the distributions", it
talks about the xerces files being in include and lib directories. This is
also incorrect.

Don