Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Blason R <bl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/01 04:00:50 UTC

Re: Confused about Mail::SPF::Query

Well I wouldn' t agree with it. Personally I found rejecting mails at MTA
level for the domains who has wrong SPF can be very effective mechanism to
fight against SPAM.

Above that I would do BATV tagging to avoid backscattering.

Posted by Blason R <bl...@gmail.com>.
But then sending a mail with prvs or BATV tag would definitely help
stopping backscatter attack. Is it not?

Posted by "David F. Skoll" <df...@roaringpenguin.com>.
On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 20:46:58 +0100

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Matus UHLAR - fantomas skrev den 2014-01-01 20:46:
> On 01.01.14 11:34, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> I don't find it very effective.  It would stop maybe 5% of all the
>> spam
>> on our systems at most.
> ...and how many forgeries did this stop?

5% of nothing is still nothing, David know his numbers :/

spf is nothing to do with stopping spam from spf pass domaions, but it
helps to find if we can complain to domaion owners or isps

if all domains in this world was fully spf protected it would still be
spam from spf pass domains

Re: Confused about Mail::SPF::Query

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
>On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 08:30:50 +0530
>Blason R <bl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well I wouldn' t agree with it. Personally I found rejecting mails at
>> MTA level for the domains who has wrong SPF can be very effective
>> mechanism to fight against SPAM.

On 01.01.14 11:34, David F. Skoll wrote:
>I don't find it very effective.  It would stop maybe 5% of all the spam
>on our systems at most.

...and how many forgeries did this stop?

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Re: Confused about Mail::SPF::Query

Posted by "David F. Skoll" <df...@roaringpenguin.com>.