Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com> on 2002/07/16 02:15:51 UTC

Setting characterEncoding for ParameterParser

It seems like there's code in the BaseValueParser to interpret the
incoming string with encoding other than US-ASCII inside a form submit.
  Does anyone know whether it works or not (I'm using the coupled
Turbine 2.2b1, not fulcrum)?

 From the code that I have seen, the RunDataFactory sets the
ParameterParser (PP) in the RunData.  Leter on, when you call the
setRequest() in PP, it'll try to check the request's characterEncoding
and set it in PP.

This creates a problem for me.   The form my application submits doesn't
contain that information (does anyone know how to do that in HTML or how
the browser does it?).  What I want is to override that behavior so that
I can have custom code to determine the encoding.  Does anyone know
where I should override the encoding in ParameterParser?  Should the
code be in PP's setRequest() or should it be in the RunDataFactory?  Or
rather, should I set the request's characterEncoding to something before
everything else happen?  If that's the case where should I do that in
Turbine?

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com