Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sactiw <st...@nvidia.com> on 2008/06/10 12:53:06 UTC

how to return properties from "called" build.xml target to "calling" build.xml target

Hi Friends,
              Could anybody tell me how can we pass properties from a
"called" build.xml target to the calling build.xml target something like
what we have as return values in case of methods and procedures in
programming languages.

In my case I want to return the exit status from the called build.xml target
to the calling build.xml target

Thanks in advance,
Sactiw

Re: how to return properties from "called" build.xml target to "calling" build.xml target

Posted by Dale Anson <da...@grafidog.com>.
The ant-contrib version of antcallback has a bug that will cause the
build to fail with Ant 1.7 when it is called from an "import" build
file.  I fixed it in the Antelope version of the task:

http://antelope.tigris.org/files/documents/1409/11489/AntelopeTasks_3.4.5.zip

I haven't updated the ant-contrib version yet.

Dale

Posted by sactiw <st...@nvidia.com>.
Hi Rehban,
              I found the solution and now I am using ant-contrib-1.0b2 and
lot many classes including the one I needed are available under
\lib\ant-contrib.jar\net\sf\antcontrib\logic\ Directory.

Yes you are absolutally right some one should must update that site. Where
do you think we can file a request for that ?

BTW Rehban I am really very thankfull for your quick and in time response.
You really gave a to the point solution for my problem :)

-Sactiw

Posted by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de>.

Posted by "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gi...@huk-coburg.de>.