Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/09 21:04:16 UTC

debug statefun

Hi,

I created a POC by mimicing statefun-greeter-example. However, it failed
due to:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are no ingress defined.
        at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.core.StatefulFunctionsUniverseValidator.validate(StatefulFunctionsUniverseValidator.java:25)
~[statefun-flink-core.jar:2.2.0]
        at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.core.StatefulFunctionsJob.main(StatefulFunctionsJob.java:71)
~[statefun-flink-core.jar:2.2.0]
        at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.core.StatefulFunctionsJob.main(StatefulFunctionsJob.java:47)
~[statefun-flink-core.jar:2.2.0]
~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at
~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at
~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:288)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:198)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgramUtils.getPipelineFromProgram(PackagedProgramUtils.java:150)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgramUtils.createJobGraph(PackagedProgramUtils.java:77)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.launcher.StatefulFunctionsJobGraphRetriever.retrieveJobGraph(StatefulFunctionsJobGraphRetriever.java:101)
~[statefun-flink-distribution.jar:2.2.0]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.dispatcher.runner.JobDispatcherLeaderProcessFactoryFactory.createFactory(JobDispatcherLeaderProcessFactoryFactory.java:55)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.dispatcher.runner.DefaultDispatcherRunnerFactory.createDispatcherRunner(DefaultDispatcherRunnerFactory.java:51)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.component.DefaultDispatcherResourceManagerComponentFactory.create(DefaultDispatcherResourceManagerComponentFactory.java:194)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.runCluster(ClusterEntrypoint.java:216)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.lambda$startCluster$0(ClusterEntrypoint.java:169)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.security.contexts.NoOpSecurityContext.runSecured(NoOpSecurityContext.java:30)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]
        at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.startCluster(ClusterEntrypoint.java:168)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.11.1.jar:1.11.1]

I have confirmed that something is wrong in my application causing this
error. However, it is hard to spot the issue visually and a little tricky
to debug in IDE (e.g. intellij). For example, if I can create an
application in Intellij and step through statefun library code and my code,
it will be easier to find the root cause. Any guidance on how to set this
up? Appreciate any hint. Thanks!

Re: debug statefun

Posted by Puneet Kinra <pu...@customercentria.com>.
Hi Gordan
I have tried the harness utility , I am getting the below error even
though @*autoservice *annotation is there in function Module .

java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are no routers defined.
at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.core.StatefulFunctionsUniverseValidator.validate(StatefulFunctionsUniverseValidator.java:31)
at
org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.core.StatefulFunctionsJob.main(StatefulFunctionsJob.java:71)
at org.apache.flink.statefun.flink.harness.Harness.start(Harness.java:127)
at
org.apache.flink.statefun.examples.harness.RunnerTest.run(RunnerTest.java:23)
at
at
at
org.junit.platform.commons.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:686)

--
*Cheers *

*Puneet Kinra*

*Mobile:+918800167808 | Skype : puneet.kinra@customercentria.com
<pu...@customercentria.com>*

*e-mail :puneet.kinra@customercentria.com
<pu...@customercentria.com>*

Re: debug statefun

Posted by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gordon. After better understanding how autoservice work, I resolved
the issue by adding below into my build.gradle file:

annotationProcessor 'com.google.auto.service:auto-service:1.0-rc6'

Without this, the project can compile but the autoservice class cannot
be generated appropriately.

Sorry I am not clear that I am using gradle. Cheers!

Re: debug statefun

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@ververica.com>.
Glad to hear that it worked out!

Re: debug statefun