Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@linkedin.com> on 2010/08/09 18:04:53 UTC

google-collections vs guava for 2.0.0

Hi,

For java shindig we currently use google collections 1.0.  This has been
superceded by google-guava which has now had a few stable releases.

Would anyone be opposed to moving to guava?  (and not using @Beta routines
for stability..)

Pros: Some of the utility classes we currently use could be eliminated if we
do so.
Cons: new library, not potentially in use as much, clashes with existing
google-collection usage.

--
Paul Lindner -- plindner@linkedin.com -- linkedin.com/in/plindner

Re: google-collections vs guava for 2.0.0

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
Review request for Guava is available here:

http://codereview.appspot.com/1904048/show

I'd like to get a maven plugin that validates that we're not calling @Beta methods, but I think we can exercise caution for the time being..

Posted by Pablo Graña <pa...@globant.com>.