Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by srikanta03 <sr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/03 21:28:38 UTC

Can I create folder Dependency?

Hi All,

I am new for Maven; I have a question:

Can I create folder Dependency in Maven? without installing the jar
(dependency)?

I have a legacy ant project, i have tried to convert it into maven project,
but in my project we do have the dependency of the tomcat lib which have
around 100+ jars and the mater of the fact is that I can't change the jar or
jar version.

If anyone have the option/answer it will be relay helpful for my project.

Regards,
Srikanta

Re: Can I create folder Dependency?

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.
I use this, make-maven-files.sh to build a runtime-library.pom file, which
is a consolidation pom of all jars within the folder from which it is run.

#!/bin/bash

# All you need to do is:
# 1. Edit the values below.
# 2. Copy this script into the dir with the jars in it (no nested dirs)
# 3. Run make-maven-files.sh.
# 4. Execute either maven-install.sh and/or maven-deploy.sh that were
generated by make-maven-files.sh
#
# Chris Graham - ChrisGWarp@gmail.com
#

groupId=com.ibm.ram
version=7.5.1.2
repositoryId=project.repo.id
repositoryURL=http://maven.repo.server/url

#example
# repositoryId=warpspeed.non.freeware
# repositoryURL=
http://archiva.warpspeed.com.au/archiva/repository/warpspeed.non.freeware

echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?>" > runtime-library.pom
echo "<project xmlns=\"http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0\" xmlns:xsi=\"
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xsi:schemaLocation=\"
http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd\">"
>> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <groupId>$groupId</groupId>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <artifactId>runtime-library</artifactId>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <version>$version</version>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <packaging>pom</packaging>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <description>Library POM for the $groupId v$version
runtime.</description>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "    <dependencies>" >> runtime-library.pom

echo "#!/bin/bash" > maven-install.sh
echo "mvn install:install-file -Dfile=runtime-library.pom
-DpomFile=runtime-library.pom" >> maven-install.sh

echo "#!/bin/bash" > maven-deploy.sh
echo "mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=runtime-library.pom
-DpomFile=runtime-library.pom -DrepositoryId=$repositoryId
-Durl=$repositoryURL" >> maven-deploy.sh

find . -name "*.jar" | sort -u | sed "s/^.*\///" | while read jar
do
  artifactId=`echo $jar | sed 's/.jar//'`

  echo "mvn install:install-file -Dfile=$jar -DgroupId=$groupId
-DartifactId=$artifactId -Dversion=$version -DgeneratePom=true
-Dpackaging=jar -DcreateChecksum=true" >> maven-install.sh

  echo "mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=$jar -DgroupId=$groupId
-DartifactId=$artifactId -Dversion=$version -DgeneratePom=true
-Dpackaging=jar -DcreateChecksum=true -DrepositoryId=$repositoryId
-Durl=$repositoryURL" >> maven-deploy.sh

  echo "        <dependency>" >> runtime-library.pom
  echo "            <groupId>$groupId</groupId>" >> runtime-library.pom
  echo "            <artifactId>$artifactId</artifactId>" >>
runtime-library.pom
  echo "            <version>$version</version>" >> runtime-library.pom
  echo "        </dependency>" >> runtime-library.pom

done

echo "    </dependencies>" >> runtime-library.pom
echo "</project>" >> runtime-library.pom

echo "Done."

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.