Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Anders Melgaard <an...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/11 12:09:08 UTC

Potential continuous query memory leak?

Hi all,

I have a potential issue with continuous queries and memory consumption.
I've run a test with a single cache with 3 CQs registered on one node.
Another node joins and inserts one million entries and removes the same
entries afterwards. This leaves the cache empty but it seems there's ~1,4
million CacheContinuousQueryEntry objects left on the java heap and they
won't be GC'ed. Inserting (and removing) another million entries causes the
number of entries to rise even further. Could this be a potential memory
leak?
I have tested this on another environment with 4 server nodes and ~20 CQs
and here the CQ entries pile up much faster which eventually causing an OOM
node crash with more than 4,5 million CacheContinuousQueryEntry objects per
node hanging around on the heap.
I have tested with versions 2.13 and 2.14.
A simple proof of concept is available here:
https://github.com/andersmelgaard/ignite-test2. Just execute the test class
twice.

Best regards
Anders