Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Granse, Erik A" <er...@optumhealth.com> on 2008/04/17 22:18:55 UTC

Maven2 compilation problem

I'm in the process of migrating from Maven1 to Maven2 (using v. 2.0.8)
and have run into a problem I'm unable to solve. When compiling one of
my projects, I receive the following error:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method validate ()
location: class javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress

I've had no build problems in either Eclipse or with Maven1, and I
manually installed the the dependency jar (mail-1.3.1.jar) from my
Maven1 repo to my Maven2 repo, so I'm puzzled as to the cause of the
error.

Compiling with debug turned on, I show that mvn is using the correct
JDK, and I only see the mail-1.3.1 dependency listed in the
classpathElements/classpath, so it doesn't look like there's a
dependency conflict anywhere. ([DEBUG]  C:\Documents and
Settings\egranse\.m2\repository\javax\mail\mail\1.3.1\mail-1.3.1.jar)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what my next step should be? I'm out of
ideas.

Thanks,

Erik Granse

Web Developer

OptumHealth

erik.granse@optumhealth.com

763-797-2572

Re: Maven2 compilation problem

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I've run into this myself which is how I knew it might need to be
checked (not this exact artifact, but something similar). Its
annoying, but doesn't happen often.

Wayne

Posted by "Granse, Erik A" <er...@optumhealth.com>.
Fixed -