Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by ti...@gmail.com on 2011/03/13 19:56:31 UTC

Overriding attributes at runtime

Hi all,

I am using Spring MVC and I have to so something really simple but I
cant figure out what to do. I have a "title" attribute that i use in my
layout page, how do I set the value of the "title" attribute
dynamically? I would want to use a variable returned from the controller
as my title lets say my model is a Person and I would like to use that
person's name as my title.

I assume Im gonna do runtime overriding on the child template itself but
how? I can imagine this is really simple but I've tried my best but I'm
confused.

Regards,

Re: Overriding attributes at runtime

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2011/3/13  <ti...@gmail.com>:
> I am using Spring MVC and I have to so something really simple but I cant
> figure out what to do. I have a "title" attribute that i use in my layout
> page, how do I set the value of the "title" attribute dynamically? I would
> want to use a variable returned from the controller as my title lets say my
> model is a Person and I would like to use that person's name as my title.

Since this is a very simple use case, I recommend using EL:
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/tutorial/advanced/el-support.html

Antonio