Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org> on 2022/03/03 11:41:25 UTC

New Apache Cassandra Group on LinkedIn

Hi everybody,

We just created a new Apache Cassandra group on LinkedIn (
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9159443/).

This group will be managed by our community and will respect vendor
neutrality.
Do not hesitate to join and share your experiences or blog posts with us :-)

Fwd: New Apache Cassandra Group on LinkedIn

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@apache.org>.
Cross-posting announcement to user list

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@apache.org>.
I really like Melissa's idea of having a company instead for higher
visibility and members not having to join a group to see the activity. It
also makes it easy to tag the company in posts and get more engagement that
way. Cheers!

Re: [DISCUSS] List Apache Cassandra as a "company" on LinkedIn

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <b....@gmail.com>.
I created a company page for Apache Cassandra with the same admin as the
group.
I will update the page over the coming days to give it a nicer look. :-)

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Lerer <bl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paulo Motta <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@apache.org>.

Posted by Melissa Logan <me...@constantia.io>.

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.
I think that is a fair perspective based on the history of this project.
I'm not ready to give up on trying to figure it out though. I worry about
the Cassandra project being isolated when it's really not true.

If there is a clear policy on something like a retweet with clear
intentions and within established guidelines, I feel this is possible.

1. A retweet is not an endorsement and is simply for awareness of the
community at large.
2. Back to basics. If the project or product follows ASF trademark then it
is good to go. "powered By Apache Cassandra" etc
3. Content that doesn't adhere to trademark rules is ignored (and possibly
flagged by the PMC for a follow-up)

Incentivize the good behaviors and show a thriving ecosystem.
Disincentivize the bad behaviors and help bring more into compliance.

Patrick

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.