Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2012/07/01 09:22:52 UTC

Allow bussiness to configure the maximum number of quantity of any single product, can be purchased from store in single order

This seems a good idea to me (did not review details yet), if nobody is against (no answer implies OK), I will commit

Jacques

Re: Allow bussiness to configure the maximum number of quantity of any single product, can be purchased from store in single order

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> Jacques,
>
> since in the past you have committed a series of contributions from others that were implemented in a questionable way and are
> requiring a considerable effort to be fixed, I would like to ask you to change your protocol for committing them to OFBiz: if you
> are interested in committing something, then review and test it completely; then ask committers to confirm that it is a good
> contribution and if no answer is received then please hold on because it means that no other committer was either interested or
> had time to review it.
> It is better to move slowly and focus on quality.

I usually test and review what I commit

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Hans,

I can agree on your propostion Jacopo, notably about time and quality, especially on framework where even a small change can have
large side effects.
Sometimes joint work can do marvel, like we did recently on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4289 Jacopo, but yes it
requires time and respect.

It's actually 2 years now that I constraint myself to commit prioritarily fixes over new features. It happens that some
contributions fix an issue but introduce others (like for JMS). It's of course most annoying when at the framework level.

Note that some errors in the framework are not detected immediately because they concern not often used features. Who to blame then,
the one who introduced the initial error without noticing it (not always easy), or the one who fixed it later and introduced a new
one (also not noticing it )? We immediatele see that this question does not make sense. We can't become fossilized because of fear.
So we need more efforts from everyone, when it's about fixing issues in framework. Simply exchanging and answering questions would
help to synchronize the efforts.

In other words, I agree on your proposition Jacopo, but I also demand more participation of other committers. All contributions are
not valuable, but there are too much valuable contributions waiting in Jira. Some with questions desesperately waiting answers, and
I don't speak only about new features...

I had to say it, even if I doubt it will have much effect

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.