Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2009/12/04 20:23:17 UTC

Dumping solr requests for indexing

Is there any way to dump all incoming requests to Solr
into a file?

My customer is seeing a strange problem of disappearing
docs from index and I'd like to ask them to capture all
incoming requests.

Thanks.

-kuro

Re: Dumping solr requests for indexing

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Teruhiko Kurosaka wrote:
>> Aha!
>> Sounds like a job for a simple, custom
>> UpdateRequestProcessor.  Actually, I think URP doesn't get
>> access to the actual XML, but what it has access may be
>> enough for you: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor
>>

> I added this to solrconfig.xml but I don't see any extra output
> in the log file.
>
>   <updateRequestProcessorChain>
>     <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
>     <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
>   </updateRequestProcessorChain>
>
> Do I need to do something else to make this effective?
>
> The commented-out example in solrconfic.xml has 'name="dedupe"'
> attribute. Do I have to specify a name? If so, how do I use
> that name in the request?
>
> Kuro

Look at the comment above the dedupe declaration:

       You have to link the chain to an update handler above to use it ie:
         <requestHandler name="/update
"class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler">
           <lst name="defaults">
             <str name="update.processor">dedupe</str>
           </lst>
         </requestHandler>

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: Dumping solr requests for indexing

Posted by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Aha!
Sounds like a job for a simple, custom UpdateRequestProcessor.  Actually, I think URP doesn't get access to the actual XML, but what it has access may be enough for you: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

Alternatively, unpack the war, add a custom logging servlet filter, chain it in web.xml and that might do the trick.

Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch

Posted by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com>.