Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Gareth Walters <ga...@syd.microforte.com.au> on 2003/04/15 02:56:13 UTC

cvs2svn assertion

While running cvs2svn.py I get this lovely message

----- pass 4 -----
python: subversion/libsvn_subr/path.c:148: svn_path_join: Assertion `is_canonical (base, blen)' failed.

It leaves a core file if anyone wants it, I would love to get this working, any suggestions on tracking the problem down?

---Gareth

This information may contain PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL information
intended only for the use of the addressee(s). Anyone who receives this
communication in error, should notify us immediately and destroy the
original message without reading, copying or forwarding it to anyone.

Re: cvs2svn assertion

Posted by Gareth Walters <ga...@syd.microforte.com.au>.
In that case it doesn;t make sense that it doesn't work..
I don't give configure the path to DB4.1 then it gives an error saying
insufficient DB version
If I do give it the path to DB version 4.1 then it builds and still looks/find
the old version at runtime?

---Gareth

Posted by Sander Roobol <ph...@wanadoo.nl>.

Re: cvs2svn assertion

Re: cvs2svn assertion

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Yup. cvs2svn is not a proper user of the API -- it doesn't canonicalize the
values that it will be passing to the SVN API. It *should*, but doesn't yet.
It was built before we had a clear ruleset for API interactions.

So... just follow ryan's advice: don't feed in bad data :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/