Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2010/07/27 13:50:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] SlingServlet service, ok to merge branch? (was: BackgroundRequestProcessor...)

Hi,

Coming back to the SLING-1603 discussion, I have progressed on the
contrib/extensions/bgservlets implementation and the API as defined in
the SLING-1603-engine works for me.

I also chatted with Victor Saar who says he's been using it
successfully in a different context, calling the SlingServlet service
programatically.

At this point I would suggest merging the SLING-1603-engine branch
into bundles/engine. Utility request/response classes are available in
the bgservlets bundle [1], we might want to move those elsewhere (a
new commons/http bundle?), but that can be later.

The SlingServlet interface can be found at [2] and the other changes
in the engine bundle is just the addition of the processRequest method
to the SlingMainServlet [3]. So the impact on the bundle engine's
public API is only the addition of the SlingServlet service.

Do people agree with this engine API addition?

-Bertrand

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/contrib/extensions/bgservlets/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/bgservlets/

[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/branches/SLING-1603-engine/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/engine/SlingServlet.java

[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/branches/SLING-1603-engine/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/engine/impl/SlingMainServlet.java

Re: [DISCUSS] SlingServlet service, ok to merge branch? (was: BackgroundRequestProcessor...)

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
which only has SLING-1270 yet to be resolved for it (along with the API
and Commons Auth bundles of course). Any of these issues need to be
scheduled for Engine 2.1.0:

http://bit.ly/bQmLI9

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ..Can we please wait until after the Engine release ? Thanks..

Right, forgot about that, sorry. I'm ok with waiting.
-Bertrand

Re: [DISCUSS] SlingServlet service, ok to merge branch? (was: BackgroundRequestProcessor...)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
+1, All looks good to me, will be a good addition for UI/client driven background processing.
Ian