Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Allen George <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/22 17:07:24 UTC

Travis Build Chains

Hi,

Looks like Travis finally put in support for build chains:
https://blog.travis-ci.com/2017-05-11-introducing-build-stages?utm_source=broadcast&utm_medium=notification

It *may* be worthwhile to set up a small chain where a thrift binary
with all languages is built and temporarily pushed to dockerhub. And
subsequent stages pull that docker image and run the cross language
tests. The only reason I suggest this is because the actual build
takes around 20ish minutes, so this would ensure that as more
cross-tests are run we don't hit timeouts.

Best,
Allen
---

Terminal Musings: http://www.allengeorge.com/