Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org> on 2007/06/13 15:18:59 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven 2.0.7 - surefire problem

Hi,

can you find the surefire plugin version you're using? I've fixed this
problem in the latest snapshots. Only the snapshots were faulty,
latest release should be fine.
If that one is broken too, can you try one of the latest snapshots (2.4-snapshot
or 2.3.1-snapshot), so we can determine wheter it's a fault in surefire or in
maven 2.0.7?

Thanks,

	Kenney

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Hi Kenney,

On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Kenney Westerhof wrote:

> Mark Donszelmann wrote:
>> Hi Kenney,
>
> Hi Mark,
>

>> I was using 2.1.3 for surefire. Changed it to 2.3, and still get
>> error (slightly different):
>>
> Hi,
>
> this is fixed later on; i think you're missing a dependency on junit.

I had it in dependencyManagement. It did work with 2.1.3 (Surefire)
and mvn 2.0.5.
Moved it to dependencies, now works with surefire 2.3 and 2.0.7.

VOTE +1 (non-binding).

Regards
Mark

Re: AW: [VOTE] Release Maven 2.0.7 - surefire problem

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
Steinhauer, Frank wrote:

> I got the same error just some hours ago, using maven 2.0.6 and the surefire-plugin 2.3 . And yes, adding a dependcy to junit solved the problem.
Yup, this is an old bug I remember fixing a while back.
> Only thing is, I don't use any unit tests in that project (used only to build a Jboss SAR file), so this behaviour seems a bit strange to me....

According to the old code, the surefirebooter is constructed if:
- the 'test' parameter (-Dmaven.test.skip or from config) is not false, and
- the testclassesdirectory exists, wheter it has testclasses or not.
Testclassesdirectory (target/test-classes) is created by the compiler
plugin, ONLY if the testsourceroot
exists (src/test/java).

So, remove your empty src/test/java/ directory and it's fixed. Or use
the latest 2.3.1 or 2.4 snapshots for surefire.

At least, this is not a problem that's due to maven-2.0.7.

Posted by "Steinhauer, Frank" <f....@olympus-odl.com>.

I got the same error just some hours ago, using maven 2.0.6 and the surefire-plugin 2.3 . And yes, adding a dependcy to junit solved the problem. Only thing is, I don't use any unit tests in that project (used only to build a Jboss SAR file), so this behaviour seems a bit strange to me....

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.

Posted by Mark Donszelmann <Ma...@slac.stanford.edu>.
Hi Kenney,