Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by David Ferguson <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/15 16:50:13 UTC

Subversion commits to annotate GNATS issues?

I have a request from some of my users who need Subversion commits to
annotate GNATS problem reports.  I've spent the last hour googling the
subject with no luck.  Any ideas how to do this?

I assume it would be a post-commit hook that would parse the log message and
forward it on to the GNATS system.  However, I'm coming from a trac
background where they have a nice SVN post-commit hook already written, so I
don't know how GNATS works with this.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
David

Re: Subversion commits to annotate GNATS issues?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at svn_bz_email_in.pl.  I believe that GNATS allows tickets to
be updated through e-mail.  You should be able to modify this script to do
what you want.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom
rbb@apache.org
rbb@rkbloom.net
rbloom@gmail.com

Posted by David Ferguson <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by prakash tiwary <pr...@gmail.com>.
Not Sure about GNATS, if its update its data by email or web services. If
email, there there is one sample program available , if web services, you
can write a client  & used it in post commit hook.

Regrads,
Prakash

Posted by David Ferguson <fe...@gmail.com>.
*bump*