Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kayode Odeyemi <dr...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/06 18:14:28 UTC

Serializing server objects

Hi,

Please I will like to know if all IModel class implementations are capable
of serializing all type of objects without necessarily having to do custom
serialization? I'm asking because I want to know the underlying
architecture of how server objects are being transported to Wicket.

I had a look at AbstractReadOnlyModel, LoadableDetachableModel etc and it
seems to me that that is how it is meant to work (i.e through the Wicket
model structure). Please am I correct?

Thanks

--
Odeyemi 'Kayode O.
http://www.sinati.com. t: @charyorde

Re: Serializing server objects

Posted by Martin Baez <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can configure your own serializer. You can follow this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/using-jboss-serialization-in-wicket-15.html
in order to use JBossSerializer. By using  JbossSerialiser you can
serialize objects that donĀ“t implement ISerializable.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, provided that the object returned by model implements
java.io.Serializable. When you serialize an object (no matter if it is a
Wicket page or a model or whatever else), you serialize also all its
references. So when Wicket serializes a  page or a component also its
model and the object inside it are serialized.

Posted by Kayode Odeyemi <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <ad...@ciseonweb.it>.
Hi,

Wicket uses an implementation of org.apache.wicket.serialize.ISerializer
to serialize all objects (pages, models, ecc...)
The default serializer is based on standard classes ObjectOutputStream
and ObjectInputStream.
IModel implementations have nothing to do with the concrete ISerializer
used by Wicket.
You should have a look at
org.apache.wicket.serialize.java.JavaSerializer (which is the default
ISerializer)