Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Walter Mourão <wa...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 13:05:23 UTC

[Trinidad] Re: [ANN] Release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad's Maven plugins (1.2.7)

Hi folks,
where do I find more info about the Trinidad plugins ? I just found this
page: http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/plugins/index.html but I didn't
find useful information.

Thanks,

--
Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br

Re: [Trinidad] Re: [ANN] Release of Apache MyFaces Trinidad's Maven plugins (1.2.7)

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Note that the main purpose of these plugins is to build Trinidad (and
myfaces core 1.2.0-1.2.3). There has never been (AFAIK) any expectation
that any project outside of myfaces would use these plugins. So I'm not
sure why this announcement was sent to the user list as well as the dev
list.

Of course you are welcome to use the trinidad plugins if you wish; the
code is under the normal apache license. But there is very little user
documentation for them, because they were only expected to be used
"internally".

The new myfaces-builder-plugin that Matthias mentioned has been designed
to be useful for non-myfaces projects. However it really is still a
work-in-progress and I would not personally recommend using it in a
non-myfaces project for a while yet.

The most important thing to note about this "plugins" release
announcement is that it means that a full Trinindad release will
hopefully be showing up soon..

Regards,
Simon

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.