Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Bilu <al...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/19 07:27:08 UTC

[Indexing API] CustomIndexer.index() never called for CustomProject type

Hello, i am kind of having the same issue describe
herehttps://dev.platform.netbeans.narkive.com/evfH3y1l/implementing-a-customindexer-for-my-project
<https://dev.platform.netbeans.narkive.com/evfH3y1l/implementing-a-customindexer-for-my-project>
Basically i have a custom language lets say (file type *.foo) and a
custom project type.And i need to implement a CustumIndexer wich will:

 1. Index determined files at Project opening
 2. Reindex at files modifications (create/delete/update)

I want to be able to index file contents and file paths for exemple to
search for them quickly later.So i found that Netbeans is using Lucene
under the scene. And i was able to register aCustomIndexerFactory
<https://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-modules-parsing-indexing/org/netbeans/modules/parsing/spi/indexing/CustomIndexerFactory.html>for
my project
But the index method is never called when i open a project or modify files.

*
*
*Do someone has experience with the****Indexing API*
<https://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-modules-parsing-indexing/index.html>***to
give me some hints/documentation of how it should work?*
*
*
Thanks*
*