Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2007/12/07 00:17:01 UTC

Bootstrapping problem with parent POM

I unhappily stumbled across a bootstrapping problem. My project's parent
POM defines the internal repository - the same repository where the
parent POM is located. So there is no way for Maven to get the parent
POM.

Is there any way to specify a repository URL on the command line so
Maven can download the parent POM? I searched the mailing list archives
and the Maven website, as well as the general Internet, but turned up
nothing.

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.

Re: Bootstrapping problem with parent POM

Posted by Mark Eramo <ma...@trustvesta.com>.
Dirk,
   I define the repositories in the *settings.xml *file, which lives in
the */.m2 *folder and it seems to work fine.

I also have a parent pom that lives in the repository and is referenced
in all my child poms. When I build a single child project, it finds the
parent pom in the repository no problem. Are you having a problem when
your trying to build against the parent pom?

Regards,
Mark

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The recommended best practice is _not_ to define repos in your poms.
This issue you ran into is only one of many reasons why. You can search
the dev list for more discussions. The best way is to define your repos
in your settings file.

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.
Not sure abut command line, but you can specify repositories in settings.xml