Posted to users@flex.apache.org by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr> on 2018/09/01 19:19:24 UTC

[Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Hi all,

i know that flex doesn't come with many news but we just released 2 new apps
and wanted to share them with you.

Flex is still rocking in 2018 :)

A special thanks to @quick6black for his awesome Material Design library for
flex, and some help in fine tuning the UI.

Both apps where already in the stores and my team and I updated them with a
new UI and extra features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.antenna.easy972

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.antenna.rythmos949

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Olaf Krueger <ma...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi Leo,
congrats and thanks for sharing, looks really cool!

> Flex is still rocking in 2018 :)
Yeah, and I guess it will stay that way for a few more years ;-)

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Sorry, the tweet is this:

https://twitter.com/ApacheFlex/status/1036391348352548865

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Done! :)

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Make a Tweet and post on Facebook Flex fan page with link to that post!
Great idea!

Thanks,
Piotr

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Leokan,

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Leokan,

You should set the framerate to 60.

I think it is worth trying useVirtualLayout=false especially if the current
item renderers uses large images.
Once all the items renderers are initialized, they won't be rendered
anymore. (this setting "works" only if the list contains a small amount of
item renderers, otherwise initialization duration and memory consumption
would be too important)

Vincent.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
It will definitely will. I use an AS3 item renderer on another app with 600
items in the list, and works with great performance.

useVirtualLayout is true now, but I could try false.
cacheAsBitmap is true.
renderMode is gpu (although I had the bug with the black screen but I found
a work around)
framerate is set to 40 to avoid lag if using 60.

Also at some point we will optimize bitmaps as we currently use xxhdpi
images and icons even for the 240ppi devices which also adds overhead to the
performance.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Leokan,

Your application performance will certainly improve by using AS3 item
renderers.

Currently, does the useVirtualLayout parameter is set to true ? I think that
regarding the small number of IR in the list, setting this parameter to
false should improve performance (cacheAsBitmap must be set to true) without
increasing initialization duration too much.

What is the framerate of the application ? do you use
<renderMode>gpu</renderMode> and  <colorDepth>16bit</colorDepth> in the
application manifest ?

Once again, very nice application.

Vincent.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
Thank you all for your kind words.

@After24

I can see some issues too on Android (I tested on op3 and Galaxy S9). As
this is a v1, I wrote the item renderers really quick using MXML ( I know, I
know..) as we were working with a deadline.

Next version will come with several improvements so I will be implementing
all renderers in ActionScript.

This is also the first time I used a list with 2 columns, which could also
have performance issues. I used to write these UIs as a Tilegroup with
scroll and Skinnable cointainers or Item Renderers.

On iOS I didn't notice any issues.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi Leokan,

Very nicely designed application : clean and simple.
I just noticed that the list scrolling are not very smooth, even on my phone
which has a powerful processor (oneplus 6)

I'm sure that you could get better performances with a bit of optimization
of your item renderers.

Vincent.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Leo,

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
glad the material library helped out. For those who are unaware or want to
contribute, it is on github

https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins

@leokan23 downloaded the app, new UI looks great.

Re: [Release] 2 new Radio Apps

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I just added news on our Facebook Fan page [1]

[1] https://www.facebook.com/ApacheFlexSDK/posts/1486274384806833

Thanks,
Piotr

wt., 4 wrz 2018 o 16:21 rodolpho@essencialcode.com.br <