Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Xiangyuan LI <fl...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/03 12:17:46 UTC

whether kafka can list producers

Hi,
   I want to know whether kafka can list producers that send messages to
specified topic?
   i need know this because recently my consumer consume some messages
that  producer haven't send to topic,so we now don't know who send this
message.
   thx...

Re: whether kafka can list producers

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
I don't thinks that is easily possible; at least I think there is no
public API to get this information.

Maybe, if you have configured unique `client.id` for each producer, you
may see the `client.id` in broker logs.

Hope this helps.

-Matthias