Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 07:07:27 UTC

LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported

Hi,

We found a bug where InterStorage.getStatistics() was throwing
UnsupportedOperationException which was causing problems for
JobControlCompiler (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2616>).
PIG-2616 changes JobControlCompiler to catch the exception, but I'm
wondering why InterStorage implements LoadMetada but getStatistics() is
unsupported? Is there a good reason for this, or should we implement that
method?

thanks,
Bill

Re: LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good, I just updated the patch. Return null is what the LoadMetadata
javadoc says to do when stats aren't available actually, so the null case
should be expected.

billgraham@gmail.com going forward.*

Re: LoadMetada.getStatistics() is unsupported

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.