Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/04/14 07:48:30 UTC

Post migration issues for resources managed by ASF Infra: Confluence

Could you please help to get a summary of the issues that we see after the migration to our Confluence spaces to ASF Infra?

The main ones I see are:

1) we need a custom header (with navigation links) similar to the one we have on our site home page
2) the search box in Confluence should search only inside of the OFBiz spaces

If you also have suggestions on how to fix them, they are welcome!

As soon as we have a list we will contact (if needed) the Infra team and work with them to resolve the issues.

Kind regards,

Jacopo

Re: Post migration issues for resources managed by ASF Infra: Confluence

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1.

--
Ashish

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
While googling for demo.ofbiz.org, I found also that it's redirected to http://ofbiz-vm.apache.org/ which is actually pointing to
bigfiles it seems
Certainly related to all changes since Jira attack. We should report to infra and as soon as things will settle down I think they
will cope with it (there have been already much less activity in this area today)

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <br...@gmail.com>

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> On Apr 14, 2010, at 6:01 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Also a good solution might be to export Confluence like some other (major) TLP projects do.
>> This said, I'm not quite sure of what this implies, notably about our 5 different spaces...
>> Or is export just to create a(some) front end (home) pages?
>
> Yes, I think this is done mostly for performance reasons; we may want to think about this solution but we should fix our current
> Confluence spaces before.

If it's only for perf. reasons I guess we can forget it for now.
+1 for spaces grouping (always KISS way, with 2d S as Stupid ;o)

Jacques

> Jacopo
>

>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>> A few more information on the current Confluence setup.
>>>
>>> We have 5 spaces:
>>>
>>> 1) Wiki
>>> 2) End User Docs
>>> 3) Tech Docs
>>> 4) Requirements And Design

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Apr 14, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> 1) we need a custom header (with navigation links) similar to the one we have on our site home page

Does any of you know how to do this in the ASF Confluence? Do we have to contact the Infra team? Can we ask for permissions to manage the spaces on our own?

I think that, as soon as we will have fixed the above, things will start to look much better

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Looks great, thanks Jacopo

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Jacques,

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
are we talking about who can contribute to sections or merging the
information.
on merging the information, as long as they are separate section from
the readers point of view then ok. but putting them under one heading
would be very confusing and make finding information harder.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Jacopo Cappellato sent the following on 4/13/2010 11:41 PM: